Thermal Transfer Ribbon Options

Thermal Transfer Ribbon Options

What is thermal transfer ribbon?

Thermal transfer ribbon is a consumable used for most label or tag printing applications. The printing process is heat transfer from ink coated ribbon to paper or synthetic material. These ribbons are available in different sizes and formulations for a perfectly media match. Some options have scratch, smudge and chemical resistance. Our thermal transfer ribbons work with ALL makes and model printers from Zebra, Honeywell (Datamax/Intermec), Sato, CAB, Monarch, Printronix, and more!

Which ribbon is best for my media?

  • Wax ribbon – uncoated or coated paper and tags
  • Wax/resin ribbon – polypropylene (BOPP / Kimdura), polyethylene (PE / Valeron), and polyolefin (Tyvek)
  • Resin – polyester (PET), polyimide (Kapton), polystyrene, and vinyl

Are there any other special ribbon formulations?

Are any of these ribbons certified?

Yes…we offer ribbons that are certified for GHS, UL, CSA, and the FDA.

What is the shelf life for thermal transfer ribbon?

All thermal transfer ribbons have an indefinite shelf life in normal indoor storage.

How do I purchase these ribbons?

Call us at 800-275-0828 to discuss your application and receive a prompt no obligation quote. Free testing or samples can also be provided for approval.