What is a MMA (methyl methacrylate)?
It is a two-component structural bonding adhesive for adhering metals, plastics, and composites. They are typically formulated in 1:1 or 10:1 ratios. The adhesive is most commonly dispensed by handheld manual, pneumatic, or rechargeable battery guns through a static mixing nozzle. Other methods are automatic or semi-automatic meter-mix-dispensing solutions.
What materials can be bonded with methacrylate?
- Metal surfaces – aluminum, stainless steel, plated steel, galvanized metal, cold rolled steel, and magnets
- Plastics and composites – plexiglass, carbon fiber, PVC, fiberglass, PBT, PPO, ABS, HDPE, LDPE, Teflon, polypropylene, FRT, polyurethane, RIM, polyesters, acrylics, and styrene
- Other materials – solid surface, granite, marble, engineered stone, quartz, wood, epoxy, gelcoats, and nylon
- No surface cleaning required
- Increased “green” strength during initial cure
- Multiple packaged sizes (50ml, 200ml, 380ml, 400ml, 490ml, and 18 kg)
- Broad range of working/fixturing time options
- Great flexibility during shock, thermal expansion, and contraction
- Better gap fill
- Better peel strength and less prone to cracking
- Larger variety of substrates can be bonded with the same product
- Better resistance to chemicals or environment
- Cures at room temperature; no heat necessary to create bond
Are any of these adhesives UL certified or UV stable?
Yes. Several Partite formulations are UL certified and/or UV stable!
How do I purchase these products?
Call us at 800-275-0828 to discuss your application and receive a prompt no obligation quote.