Thermal Transfer Ribbon Options
Thermal transfer ribbon is a consumable used for most label or tag printing applications. The printing process is heat transfer from ink coated ribbon to paper or synthetic material. These ribbons are available in different sizes and formulations for a perfectly media match. Some options have scratch, smudge and chemical resistance. Our thermal transfer ribbons work with ALL makes and model printers from Zebra, Honeywell (Datamax/Intermec), Sato, CAB, Monarch, Printronix, and more!
- Wax ribbon – uncoated or coated paper and tags
- Wax/resin ribbon – polypropylene (BOPP / Kimdura), polyethylene (PE / Valeron), and polyolefin (Tyvek)
- Resin – polyester (PET), polyimide (Kapton), polystyrene, and vinyl
Are there any other special ribbon formulations?
- Super premium resin ribbon – for mission critical applications with extreme chemical resistance
- Color wax, wax/resin, and resin ribbon – numerous color options for all facestocks
Yes…we offer ribbons that are certified for GHS, UL, CSA, and the FDA.
What is the shelf life for thermal transfer ribbon?
All thermal transfer ribbons have an indefinite shelf life in normal indoor storage.
How do I purchase these ribbons?
Call us at 800-275-0828 to discuss your application and receive a prompt no obligation quote. Free testing or samples can also be provided for approval.